Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yammer

I received the invitation to Yammer and noticed initially that it looked like a Facebook style interface. As I continued to explore I noticed that it seemed to be a great use of announcements where the general wall (or news feed) was a place to leave comments, questions, and even polls. This seemed to be the main feature and the fact that you can have your own networks. Therefore, I think this would be a great use of announcements for a classroom or business where all users have the same e-mail domain. It seems like it would be a great place to leave notes for students, teachers, or members of a business. I think that it would help to eliminate the use of all staff e-mails and reminders. This way peoples e-mail would not be overflowed by announcements and reminders. Staff could instead log in to Yammer to see what is happening. I would suggest it is an application that would be open throughout the work day. I believe this is the best use of Yammer, almost like a closed message bored. However, I would love to hear about any other suggestions that someone my have.

1 comment:

  1. I too think that this would be a good way of replacing staff emails that are sent, or even something that would be used in a department. I would also agree that this would have to be something that is kept open all day for the staff to be able to view. I can see math teachers asking others questions on how to solve problems or give suggestions on how to complete a task. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete