Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ed Chat

Last nights Ed Chat was a fun experience for me. I decided to not only read, but also participate and I am glad I did. I find it interesting the others opinions and how different their schools can be. I find ed chat to also be a great way to meet educators that are willing to share and collaborate even though most of the discussion last night was about teachers that do not collaborate. Then I started to wonder how people are viewing my posts. I realized after I started to post, that these educators have no idea about my past experience of teaching, they are only focused on what I am saying. I think this is great because I am not worried that they are judging my comments because of my age or lack of years teaching. Once I came to this conclusion I felt more open to discussing my true opinions without worry about how I would be judged. I think I am going to really enjoy using ed chat to discuss teaching philosophy and reform. Can't wait for the next one!

4 comments:

  1. Amanda, I could not agree more with you! It is also fun to see your peers participating in the discussion as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched edchat last night, and occassionally retweeted something I liked, but I didn't have much to contribute. I did see you and Craig all over edchat though! I saw so many coming from you both and people commenting and retweeting your ideas - great to see.

    Also, I agree with you. As a student I do have opinions I feel could be valued, but like you said, Im not being judged for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, Saw you on #edchat with just about everyone else from MESPA. Don't know how you are able to have a conversation with all the tweeting going on. If you have any tips on how to be able to find and follow people you are having a conversation with I would love to hear it. Maybe you and Craig are just faster at typing. I do find a lot of good information going on and find it useful to go back over the Tuesday evening session through the archives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see you enjoying the online discussion in edchat.

    ReplyDelete