Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Working at an Elementary

I have now worked at an elementary school for 3 whole days as an IT role and I love it! I have found that it is a lot of fun working with teachers, giving them ideas, and helping them through their daily struggles with technology. I have worked closely with 2 teachers. One of these teachers I have started a Voice Thread project with and it is coming out great. There were 2 finished projects today and we listened to them as a class. I was so proud of the third graders, they did a great job. However, this would have been a difficult project without an extra set of hands (me) to help. This is why I enjoyed it. My sole role was to support the teacher and students in this project and it worked great. I am not sure if I would recommend this teacher to do this project alone because it has to be done in her classroom since the school does not have a lab. This is more difficult for her because of all the other obstacles that are happening day by day. However, this just reminds me of how necessary it is for a school to have a technology integrator. This school is without one and I sometimes think that I would love to take over that role. Today was such a great day. Students were learning and showing off their work and it was incredible.  I cannot wait to see how the rest of the projects come out.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Working with teachers to coach, model and support technology is critical in a school district. PD and ITS roles are critical to help teachers and students with 21st century skills. I am pleased you hear you enjoyed the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, it sounds like you need to pitch to the school district that they need you as their IT teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete