Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Penguin Story Finally a Success

If you read my last post you would notice that I was frustrated because I couldn't write my penguin story in StoryBird, however I have found a different tool that will allow me to write exactly what I want and it's even better!!  Its called Little Bird Tales http://littlebirdtales.com/tales/sendTale/story_id/1084/ . This is better because it allows you to upload any pictures you want for the story or you can draw them using the paint tool that is embedded into the program. Then you can type your story into the picture. This isn't even the best part, you can also record your voice! So I have decided that I am going to do a little research and then finish my story about Penguins. I am going to draw all of my pictures using the paint, type the story under the pictures and then record myself reading the story. I will share this with the first and second grade teacher I am working with. My hope that she will want to create a story with her class allowing each student or groups of students to make a page in the story.

This tool is awesome, however I do not think it is always free. I was able to sign up for a free version, but I am not sure how long it lasts I wasn't able to check this out. Nevertheless, I am so happy that I found a way to write a penguin story with my one sentences, my own painted pictures, and my own recorded voice. YEAH!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    Thanks for the URL to littlebirdtales. Sounds like a great web site that could be used for all age groups, especially students in elementary and middle school. I'm going to show it to my daughters who both enjoy writing and creating stories. Hope all is going well with your younger students. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda -
    Someone recommended Storyjumper http://www.storyjumper.com you will have to let me know what you think. Post a link so we can see your finished product. I am looking forward to hearing about your success in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the link to my story and ps the pictures were all drawn from paint.

    http://littlebirdtales.com/tales/view/story_id/1490/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Amanda!! I love the illustrations, and the fact that you can record your voice is a big plus.
    Excellent!
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda! I'm the co-founder of LBT and I'm so happy you liked your experience on our site! We plan to keep it free, but will be offering some features down the line that we may charge a nominal fee for, to cover costs. We are literally a "Mom and Pop" who developed this site for our kids and are hoping to add teacher accounts, the ability to download MP4s of tales and a way to upload multiple images at a time! Thanks for your interest and sharing your experience! We loved your LBT! - Amiee Klem, co-founder LittleBirdTales.com

    ReplyDelete